Background and Introduction:
- The purpose of the study is about create awareness for pre-participating evaluation, diversity of application, ethical standard maintenance, health promotion and evidence based practice.
- "Physiotherapists evaluate, plan and put into practice rehabilitative programs that improve or maximize movement ability, restore human motor functions, relieve pain syndromes, and care for or prevent physical challenges associated with injuries, diseases and other impairments. They apply a broad range of physical therapies and techniques such as movement, heating, ultrasound, laser and other techniques. They may build up and implement programmes for screening and prevention of general physical ailments and disorders“.
- For prevention of more injuries and diminish the rate of sudden death.
The aim of this study is to cognize the role of Pre-participation sports evaluation as a health promoter, researcher, innovator, manager and physiotherapy-student. Methodology: A. Data Source:
Relevant articles were identified by searching from: PuBMed, Science Direct, EBSCO, SCOPUS, Web of Science, shodhganga, Elsevier, Google Scholar. B. Data Selection:
Few significant scientific studies were found relating to the role of pre-participation sports evaluation. Five studies were selected based on inclusion criteria. Two pilot studies included as The Role of Pre-participation Assessment and Screening. Results:
- The sports physical therapist is uniquely prepared to participate in the PPE process. Prevention of injury and performance enhancement is important, and PPEs can help make an impact on both areas.
- It focuses on prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation and performance enhancement of the physicallyâ€active individual.
The wellâ€designed and implemented PPEs will be welcome by the sports community and benefit everyone. Ensuring an athlete's safety can promote a lifelong health habit of physical activity in which the athlete can learn discipline, teamwork and physical fitness.